All happiness certainly depends on a leisurely breakfast. As our first meal of the day, breakfast obviously needs more attention than any other meal. There’s a famous old saying, “Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a queen & dinner like a pauper”. That represents how important it is to choose healthy foods for this meal. Now the question is what are some healthy breakfast foods?
Your first meal of the day should certainly contain elements that will hold yourself the whole day. It should be indeed refreshing, energetic and most essentially, beneficial for health. Many of us also confuse the appropriate foods for breakfast.
Some of us have a hard time to make this meal. Because we usually do not have that much time to make a proper meal. So the answer to the question of what are some breakfast will depend on various situations.
Firstly, we do not have all day to make breakfast. We should follow some recipes that are ready within a few minutes. Also, we should keep in mind that it must be less costly. And the final and also the most important criterion is its health benefits.
Considering all these things, it’s obviously not easy to ensure a nutritious breakfast every day.
However, we have some breakfast ideas that are easy to make and time-saving.
Here they are—
What Are Some Healthy Breakfast Foods: 5 Easy Breakfast Ideas
Before we go into the recipes, you must keep in mind that you should have a complete meal at breakfast.
Here’s how your healthy breakfast foods should be:
- Your meal should contain all the essential nutrients
- It should also contain enough fluid to make your body hydrated all-day
- The meal should not be heavy so that you do not feel bloated
- A tasty meal can keep you in a good mood all day, so try to make your food tasty for the palate
- Another important thing is, you should be able to make your breakfast quickly
All these criteria for a silly breakfast sound hard, doesn’t it? But don’t worry. Here are some recipes for you to make some healthy breakfast food quite easily:
1. Scrambled Egg With Grilled Tomatoes: Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- Serves: Two people
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes.
- Three eggs
- 1 tbsp butter
- Salt & pepper ( as your wish)
- Two Bread slices
- Ten cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in halves. You can keep them whole too.
- Break the eggs in a bowl. Best them using a whisk, if you want, you can use a spoon or fork too.
- Put the bread in your toaster. Toast them up to your liking. Although crispy toast goes well with scrambled eggs.
- Preheat your pan, you can use a skillet too. Put on the stovetop, and add butter also. Let the butter heat up so that your egg can cook well.
- Now pour the eggs. At this point, you can add salt and pepper. You can also use other spices like oregano or chilly flakes.
- Slowly stir the eggs so that the lower part doesn’t overcook. Cook them for 2-3 minutes. You can also cook them until your preferred doneness.
- Put your eggs on the plate. Now add olive oil. You can use canola oil too.
- Throw in your tomatoes. Add some salt. Grill them on high heat. Cook them for a little time. Do not let your tomatoes turn mushy.
- All done. Put off the flame. Now take out your toasts, serve the tomatoes beside the egg and also pour a glass of smoothie. And that is how you can make some scrambled eggs for breakfast.
2. Breakfast Smoothie Recipe: Healthy Breakfast Recipes
Many of us only have some smoothie to go. If you have a blender, it will certainly be easy as a piece of cake. Don’t have a blender? Do not worry. Check out our best blender reviews so that you can get the best deals on the market. Anyways, a smoothie is my favorite option for breakfast too. Below is my favorite smoothie recipe:
- Serves: Two people
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 3 minutes.
- One Banana
- A box of mixed berries
- Mint leaves, you can skip them too
- Sugar ( As per your taste). You can use honey too. Or you can also use zero calorie sugar.
- Milk, around 200 ml. You can use almond milk too. Those who like soy milk, they can add soy milk also. If you do not like any of them, you can use water too.
- Ice cubes, crushed ice are also fine.
- Peel off the bananas and cut them too.
- Rinse the berries and also drain the water. You do not need to cut them though. But you need to cut down the mint leaves. Otherwise, it will not blend.
- Get your blender jug. Put the fruits and pour the milk.
- Blitz the mixture so that everything combines. Do not add the ice so that it becomes smooth.
- Add the sugar or honey and let it blend for a few more seconds. You should make sure to blend it properly. So that the sugar granules melt.
- Lastly, add the ice. You can use crushed ice too. Blend them until it becomes smooth. You should certainly avoid ice if you have tooth sensitivity.
- Pour it in a glass and enjoy it.
A glass of smoothie is obviously a complete meal for breakfast. So you can make it for your own breakfast. You can also use any mixture of fruit according to your liking.
For example, mango, watermelon, apple, orange, etc. You can make it tastier by adding choco syrup too. The smoothie is indeed a perfect food for breakfast to make you energized all day long.
3. Savory Waffle Recipe
A waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap. Having brunch at an old Italian bistro with waffle & a cup of latte marks the perfect morning to start the day.
A waffle crisp on the outside and soft inside is literally everything you can ask for breakfast. But those who don’t have a sweet tooth can try out making a savory version of it. Here’s the recipe:
- Serves: Two people
- Prep time: 7 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Four Eggs
- One cup of flour. You can also use ready made waffle mix.
- Half cup of milk
- One tbsp finely chopped onion
- Half tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp finely chopped scallion or green onions
- 1 tbsp finely chopped bell pepper
- 2 tsp finely chopped cilantro or coriander leaves.
- Salt and pepper as per your taste. You can also use sugar if you want.
- At first, chop the onion, scallion, bell peppers and also cilantro. You can also use carrots or celery.
- Then take a bowl, break the eggs. Mix it with a whisk. You can use a fork also. But a whisk makes the mixing easier.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients except flour/ waffle mix. Mix them properly.
- Then add the flour. Do not mix vigorously. Slowly fold it so that no flour is seen in the mixture.
- Preheat your waffle maker. Brush some oil, or you can use butter too. If you don’t own one, you can use a pan too.
- Pour in the batter according to the size of your waffle maker. Cook for 10 minutes. You can certainly tell your waffle is ready when it has a crispy coat and also a soft inside.
Serve hot with a side of sour cream too. You can also pour some maple syrup. So that you get a classic sweet and savory combination. This savory waffle is indeed a hot favorite choice for breakfast at our home.
4. Healthy Pancake Recipe
Pancake and healthy, sounds like two opposite pole. Feeling sad? Make some pancakes. You can’t be sad if you eat a pancake. Want to impress your husband?
Make pancakes for him on Sunday morning. The sweet fragrance and the warm maple syrup, no one can ever resist some pancakes! But healthy pancakes? Do not frown upon them, they’re delicious! Here’s the recipe:
- Serves: Two Person
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Almond flour— 1 Cup. You can also use oat flour if you want.
- Two Big size egg
- Half cup of sugar. You can certainly use more sugar according to your taste. Or you can use honey or zero calorie sugar too. Although we would suggest adding a minimal amount of sugar for making it healthy.
- One cup of skimmed milk. You can use regular milk too.
- Baking powder
- A pinch of salt (optional)
- Firstly, mix the dry ingredients. Combine almond flour and baking powder. Also, add the salt.
- Take a bowl, break in the eggs. Beat them so that the egg yolk and white incorporates. Also, add the sugar and let it melt.
- Add the milk and beat it so that everything mixes. Then add the dry mixture and mix it. Make sure to mix gently so that the pancake doesn’t become tough and chewy.
- Heat up the pan, smear some butter. Pour the batter half a cup at a time. Let it cook for Two minutes. Flip it before the top part is still raw cook two minutes on this side too. That way you can certainly get the even golden brown looks on both sides.
Serve hot with some fresh juice. This pancake is one of our favorite healthy breakfast foods. This recipe is indeed perfect for those who are on a strict keto diet. But if you are not having a diet, you can follow a normal pancake recipe.
Either way, there’s one common thing between the two, they’re both delicious! Make them this weekend to make your holiday morning certainly more enjoyable.
5. Breakfast Burrito Recipe
Did someone say burrito? Yes, you obviously heard it right! Why won’t our soul food get its breakfast version? No more hustle, you can obviously eat a burrito any time you want, no matter it’s breakfast or dinner.
Short cut recipe, short cut procedure, this breakfast burrito will certainly be your no. 1 favorite food. Let’s dig into the recipe:
- Serves: One person
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Corn tortilla- One. Also, you can use two tortillas in a single burrito too.
- Egg- One large size. Also, don’t forget to add if you have some leftover chicken or beef.
- Beans- As much as you need
- Homemade or store bought salsa or Pico De Gallo. You can use the store bought ones too.
- Finely chopped onions and jalapeno peppers. You can use some bell pepper too.
- Olive oil and salt- As per needed
- Warm up your beans and tortillas. Chop the onions and jalapenos.
- Put a pan on the stove, add some olive oil too. Meanwhile, break the eggs in a bowl and also beat it. Pour it to the pan. Also, add the salt. You can warm up your left over chicken or beef along with the egg too.
- Take the tortilla, make a heap of stuffing with the ingredients that were prepared earlier. Top it off with some Pico De Gallo. Then wrap it. You can use an Aluminum foil too for taking it on the go.
And that’s it. Homemade healthy breakfast foods like breakfast burrito is ready. Do not forget to make it once this week. You’ll certainly love it.
Frequently Asked Questions
You should certainly try to skip any type of greasy food at breakfast. It may give an uncomfortable feeling all day long
You should try to choose less acidic fruits for breakfast. It will help to balance your acidity too.
You can. But it will not taste good.
You obviously can use frozen fruits for a smoothie. Keep your fruits up to 2 months to help you make the smoothie more quickly.
You can use a pan to toast. Also, using an oven is a great option too.
Almond flour is excellent for any keto diet. You can replace the flour with almond flour or almond meal anytime.
Unfortunately it’s indeed impossible to make waffles without a waffle maker.
It helps to reduce the intake of sugar even though it sweetens the food. But taking it for a long time may produce some unwanted effects. Consult a nutritionist for more details.
Pancake is a great source of carbohydrate and protein. However, heavy consumption may result in weight gain and obesity.
You should consider nutrient packed foods for a healthy breakfast. Like smoothies, omelettes etc.
So that is how you can make some easy healthy breakfast at home. Tell us how you make your own healthy breakfast foods at home.