A Smart Rice Cooker certainly makes it easy to make rice. Contrary, How does it feel when your rice turns mushy? We all feel sad, no? Nobody wants to eat undercooked rice. It is indeed complicated to cook rice perfectly.
To cook rice perfectly, you need to keep an eye while cooking rice, which is quite dull. But one appliance can make sure that we can prepare the perfect rice every time.
Rice cooker is one of the most useful kitchen appliances that we all need in our lives.
Who Should Buy A Rice Cooker?
A rice cooker is a must-have appliance if you love rice. It is the only thing that helps to make perfect rice dishes like sushi, fried rice, and even risotto too. Did you know you can cook your favorite Farro dish in a rice cooker? If you don’t, don’t forget to check out our simple recipe on how to cook farro in rice cooker & enjoy some healthy, delicious & fibrous meal!
It is indeed effortless to cook rice in a rice cooker. All you need to do is put uncooked rice and pouring water keeping a specific ratio and also press a button. The rice cooker will cook rice. Also, it’ll automatically stop cooking once the rice is done.
Even after cooking, the rice cooker will keep the rice warm setting so that you can enjoy warm rice. However, we suggest buying a multi functional rice cooker to get more benefits from a single appliance
Why Multi functional Rice Cooker?
A multi functional rice cooker allows you to perform multiple cooking tasks — steaming, slow cooking, pressure cooking, etc. with just a single appliance.
You certainly won’t need to buy other kitchen appliances for these cooking tasks. Even you can do various cooking tasks simultaneously at a time. It is indeed cost and time-saving to buy a multi functional rice cooker.
Which Is The Best Rice Cooker In Market?
Certainly, there are so many rice cookers currently available in the market. We tried to find the best of them. We considered the price range, brand value and most importantly, specifications.
Besides, we also tried to consider customer reviews and ratings for better results.
However, after intensely scrutinizing and checking the hands-on performance for about a month, we could select three rice cookers that will be the best for your everyday use. Following is the list of five best rice cookers according to our choice-
1. Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7 in 1 Multi-Use
Instant Pot has been extremely popular for their rice cooker for a long time. Practical design with solid performances made their products desirable by the users.
Why Should You Buy This Rice Cooker?
Multi-functional functions with smart features have certainly made this rice cooker our top pick. Stainless steel pot, steam rack, and Lid with 10 safety mechanisms make it long-lasting. 14 cooking programs with touch panel helps you in easier cooking. Pricing only 60 dollars with 1 year of warranty this rice cooker could be perfect for you.
- Duo, the number 1 selling multi-cooker, combines 7 kitchen appliances in 1, Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Marker and Warmer, prepares dishes up to 70% faster to support your busy lifestyle
- Features 14 Smart Programs – Soup, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Poultry, Sauté/Simmer, Rice, Multigrain, Porridge, Steam, Slow Cook, Keep Warm, Yogurt, Manual, and Pressure Cook. Now, your favorite dishes are as easy as pressing a button
- Healthy, stainless steel (18/8) inner cooking pot made from food grade 304, no chemical coating, 3-ply bottom for even heat distribution, fully sealed environment traps the flavours, nutrients and aromas within the food
- Built with the latest 3rd generation technology, the microprocessor monitors pressure, temperature, keeps time, and adjusts heating intensity and duration to achieve your desired results every time.Product Dimensions: 14.17 x 14.84 x 13.31 inches
- UL and ULC certified with 10 safety mechanisms to provide you with added assurance, designed to eliminate many common errors.Accessories include, stainless steel steam rack with handles, rice paddle, soup spoon, measuring cup, condensation collector and recipe booklet
What Makes It The Best Rice Cooker?
7 cooking functions in one single appliance
This rice cooker can perform seven cooking functions. They are- rice cooker, pressure cooker, slow cooker, steamer, yogurt maker and saute. It is indeed a perfect example of a multifunctional cooker.
Adjustable temperature and pressure settings
This rice cooker also has temperature options in saute for searing, simmering or thickening. Also, three temperature options in the slow cooker. It certainly gives us more control in our cooking. Also, the dual pressure settings give us more comfort by reducing cooking time without overlooking the food.
This rice cooker is also designed with 10 safety mechanisms. Automatic controls and fuses indeed give you safe cooking experience. This rice cooker is also designed with 10 safety mechanisms. Automatic controls and fuses indeed give you safe cooking experience.
This rice cooker also allows us to perform easier cooking with 14 smart programs. Besides, it has advanced microprocessor technology. It monitors heat intensity, pressure, and duration for better cooking.
2. Aroma Professional Plus ARC-5000SB 20 Cup
The aroma is also a popular brand making great kitchen appliances for a long time. Simple design and user-friendly products have satisfied the customers and made it a reliable choice for them.
Why Did We Select This Rice Cooker?
Professional build up with smart features has made it suitable for heavy-duty and everyday use. Larger cooking pot with steamer tray indeed makes it versatile and time-saving by simultaneous cooking. Nonstick dishwasher safe pot gives you hassle-free cooking experience. This rice cooker could be your suitable companion for its simple and solid performance.
- Multi-Functional Use – Whether you are in the mood for a hearty jambalaya, steamed veggies and rice, or even a fluffy cake (yes, cake! ) you can accomplish it all with your ARC-5000SB cooker. The possibilities are as creative as you are.
- Nutritious & Delicious – The built-in steam function allows for nutrient-rich meals to be prepared above while rice, soup, or any other meal addition cooks below, allowing you to save time without sacrificing quality. This multicooker not only includes all of your favorite cooking options, but also possesses the unique features of Slow Cook and Saute-then-Simmer STS, making meals rich, tasty, and a family favorite.
- Capacity & Dimensions – The ARC-5000SB has a 20-cup cooked capacity yielding anywhere from 4 to 20 cups of cooked rice and measures 11.2 x 10.8 x 11.4 inches
- User-friendly Programming –The cooker is incredibly simple to operate using our user-friendly digital panel that switches to keep warm automatically once cooking is finished allowing you the freedom to take back your time instead of worrying while you cook.
- Accessories – This rice cooker includes a non-stick inner pot, rice measuring cup, steam tray, and a plastic rice spatula. “
What Makes It A Top Rice Cooker?
3 Cooking Functions
This rice cooker has also a food steamer and slow cooking function. It is certainly great for its multifunctional use
12 cooking programs
With 12 preset cooking programs make it indeed easy to use. Digital panel also allows us to do hassle-free cooking.
Saute Then Simmer Function
It also has its very own patent-pending Saute Then Simmer (STS) function. Which reaches a high heat to saute and then automatically switching to simmer once the liquid is added. This time-saving function is indeed perfect for various cooking.
The inner cooking pot and all accessories are dishwasher safe which makes it user-friendly.
This rice cooker is also adored by the users. It has received good reviews. The users certified this product as “Excellent value and quality”. Some of the users mentioned this product as their “Best friend”. In total, this rice cooker is also a great companion for rice lovers.
3. Tiger Corporation JBV-A10U-W 5.5 Cup Micom
Tiger Corporation is also popular for its smart-looking kitchen appliances. Elegant design and smart products have been appreciated by users over a long time.
Why Did We Choose This Rice Cooker?
This rice cooker will be great for you if you are looking for different rice cooking options. Food steamer and slow cooker functions also allow you to cook various dishes.
This rice cooker also allows you to perform a dual cook. You can simultaneously cook rice and your main dish. Easy to clean nonstick inner pot and BPA free steam measuring cup is also convenient to use. Costing only 68 dollars with a 1-year warranty, this rice cooker would be a smart addition to your kitchen.
- Syncro-cooking function “tacook” makes it possible to cook main dish and rice at the same time
- One push operation. Dimensions (inches) : W 10.6 x D 13.9 x H 8.4
- 4 cooking menu settings (Synchrony-cooking/Plain rice/Brown rice/Slow cooking)
- Easy to clean non-stick coating inner pan.Electric Rating: cook 672W
- Includes Non-stick spatula, Cooking plate, Measuring cup and Cookbook for using “Synchrony-cooking” function
What Features Make It A Great Rice Cooker?
3 Cooking Functions
This rice cooker has also a food steamer and slow cooking function. It gives you more opportunities to cook a wide range of recipes. It also has 4 preset cooking settings for easier cooking.
Rice Cooking Menu
This rice cooker also has a different preset menu for a different kind of rice. You can use the “Plain rice” setting for fluffy white rice. Also, you can use the “Brown Rice” setting for longer water absorption and get the perfect result.
Synchro Cooking Function
This special setting gives us the chance to simultaneously cook rice and your main dish. This rice cooker also comes with a cook cooking plate. Just place the cooking plate on top and cook your main dish while cooking rice.
4. COMFEE’ 5.2Qt Asian Style Programmable All-in-1 Multi Cooker
The COMFEE multi cooker is the perfect example of intelligence in appliance. This rice cooker is actually a great product to buy if you’re looking for a multipurpose rice cooker.
Why Did We Choose This Product?
This rice cooker is an incredible appliance for its numerous smart features and efficient performance. You can use it for literally every purpose a multi cooker can ever offer. Starting from cooking rice, this multi cooker also works as an excellent slow cooker, curry cooker, yogurt maker, steamer, saute and whatnot!
Although this multi cooker does not have any pressure cooking option, it’s rice cooking performance is truly sublime. It can cook up to 10 cups of uncooked rice. So you can surely tell it’s an ideal appliance if you have a large family.
Another impressive aspect of this product is its compact design yet high capacity space. The black and silver design of this product gives it an elegant & sophisticated look. Besides, its led panel and touch button contributed more to its beautiful look.
- Perfect Rice Every Time – To achieve the ideal cooking performance, COMFEE’ has developed the intelligent 6-step cooking process that the steam valve and inner pot can preserve the steam and heat for perfect to simmer the fluffy rice every time.
- Cooking Versatility – The 17 digital cooking programs Japanese style rice cooker could suit eating habits like rice, pasta, soup, stew, saute, steamed veggies. Make specialty and healthy food in one cooker without owning 5 or more different appliances
- High Safety – COMFEE’ electric multi rice cooker operating under the normal pressure with power, it is considered a safe alternative of all kinds pressure cooker or cooking on the stove. The cool touch handle ensures your safety when you open the cooker.
- 10 Cup Ultra Capacity – 10 cup uncooked (5.2 Qt) capacity yielding anywhere from 10 to 20 cups of cooked rice, designed for families, parities, or any other outdoor activities. The non-stick coating, the cleaning of the inner pot is like a breeze. Note: Please use the measuring cup which comes along with the product
- Humanized Designs – The rice cooker is user friendly with digital LED display and sensitive touch panel so your cooking could be set by simply pressing a button. It’s flexible for meal planning with 24-hour delay timer and auto keep warm for 12 hours.
17 Digital Cooking Programs
One of the best features of this rice cooker is its 17 digital cooking programs. You can use this product for any short cut cooking without actually needing any extra appliance. You can definitely cook anything you can cook in a multicooker, even without a recipe!
Special Rice Cooking Technology
COMFEE has introduced an incredible rice cooking technology to make your rice perfect every single time. It works by an intelligent 6 steps cooking process. This process lets the steam valve preserve the steam to utilize it to make soft yet fluffy rice. So you can keep the rice warm longer than any other product in market. You can even cook farro perfectly in this rice cooker. Check out our post on How to cook farro in rice cooker to know more.
Easy Cleaning Method
Unlike any other rice cooker, the steam valve and external housing of this rice cooker is pretty easy to clean. Besides the non stick pot and other plastic accessories are easily washable by dishwasher or hand wash.
This product truly has all the perfection to make itself the best rice cooker for 2020. So you can definitely think of buying this product. Also, the price range is quite reasonable. So, this product is an ideal choice as a rice cooker.
5. BLACK+DECKER RC506 6-Cup Cooked/3-Cup Uncooked Rice Cooker and Food Steamer
This product provided a surprisingly great performance despite having a cheap price range. You can buy this rice cooker if you are looking for something cheap yet efficient. This is not a multi cooker like the other products, but this product is a fair competitor at cooking rice.
Why We Chose This Product
Obviously, the foremost reason of choosing this product was its price range. Getting to find such a good quality rice cooker at such low price was truly unexpected. But that doesn’t hamper its performance. This rice cooker cooks quite a banger in rice cooking result.
Another reason of choosing this product was its straightforward operation. It has only one button, and this button is enough to provide the perfect rice on your table. It’s a rather small rice cooker. So it can cook even a little amount of rice. If you’re looking for the perfect rice cooker for your bachelor life, go for this one. Because this product is hands down the best budget rice cooker for 2020.
- Capacity: Yields up to 6-Cup (Cooked) and 3 (Cup uncooked) Rice cooker, Note: use only the rice cup to measure rice, never a true cup. Volts – 120V. Wattage – 300W
- 6-Cup Capacity – Prepare anywhere from 1 to 6 cups of cooked rice, great for small or large meals, and for leftovers.
- Automatic Keep Warm – The rice stays ready for serving! The rice cooker automatically switches to the “keep warm” function after cooking is complete.
- Nonstick Rice Pot – The nonstick rice pot is completely removable for easy dishwasher cleanup. Dimensions are 10 x 9.0 x 5.5 inches
- Food Steaming Basket – The included food steaming basket lets you make healthy meals with vegetables, fish, and more. Measuring Cup and Spoon Included – The measuring cup makes it easy to cook the perfect amount of rice, and the plastic serving spoon prevents accidental scratches to the nonstick rice pot. Note: use only the rice cup to measure rice, never a true cup.
This cooker works both as rice cooker and food steamer. You can use it to make your perfect fluffy rice or use to steam some vegetables or dumplings for your dinner. It’s not hard to operate it at all, rather easier than any other rice cookers in the market.
Full On Accessories
This product comes with a bunch of accessories like measuring cup, spatula, food steaming basket, etc. It is quite impressive considering its price.
So this product is also a great product to buy in 2020. Not only its low price range, its perfect performance made it a top choice of us.
Buying Guide For Best Rice Cooker 2020
Buying a suitable rice cooker for yourself is quite tricky. Because, not all the rice cooker will meet your requirement. Still you can keep a few points in mind before buying a product. So here’s a buying guide for picking the best rice cooker for yourself:
The first thing you should keep in mind is the size of your rice cooker. If you’re a family of two or a single person, you should look for a cooker with a capacity of 3 to 4 cups. If you have a larger family, buy the larger cookers.
Different rice cookers have multi cooking option, meaning they can serve all types of cooking in a single appliance. If you want an appliance only for cooking rice, you can choose the basic versions.
Usually, the cookers with an attached lid provides a better rice cooking result. But they are extremely hard to clean. On the other hand, cookers with a separate glass lid are easy to clean. But they can not provide as superior result as a cooker with a fixed lid.
The price of the cooker is another important point to think of. Because you can find a rice cooker in literally every price range. From 20 to 500 dollars, you can find a decent quality rice cooker.
So that’s how you can make the best use of your money to buy the most suitable product for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
It works by boiling your rice to just the perfect consistency. You need to use just the specific amount of water so that it doesn’t become under-cooked or overcooked.
Yes, you can use it as a steamer if you have the steamer basket. Some of the rice cookers have it, some don’t.
If you buy a multi-functional one, then yes, you can.
If your cooker is a multi cooker, you sure can. Most of the multi cooker has slow cooking option. You can also keep your rice cooker in warm mode to get kind of slow cooking result.
You can use a dishwasher or hand wash the removable parts. Use dish soap to clean the pot.
Measure rice and use two cups of water for each cup of rice. Put it on cook option and wait for 20-30 minutes. Your rice is done.
Measure 3 cups of water for each cup of farro. Cook it for 40-45 minutes on cook mode, then keep it in warm until done.
Follow the porridge recipe and mix everything together and cook it on cook mode until done.
Submerge the egg in water and keep the rice cooker on cook mode for 10 minutes for soft boil egg. Keep it for 14 minutes for hard boiled egg.
Boil water on cook mode until it gets a rolling boil. Then add the couscous and keep it on warm mode until needed. Fluff it up with a fork to make it light.
Rice cookers are indeed our everyday companion. It is one of the most important kitchen appliances if you love rice. For easy cooking in a busy life, the smart rice cooker is the best companion that anyone can ask for.