Many of us don’t know the proper ways to clean a food processor. This magic appliance makes our food preparation much easier, but it’s a nightmare when it comes to cleaning it. Stuck food under the blade, oily residuals, smell of food, a food processor should be properly cleaned for your next use. Worry not, we have some incredible tips on how to clean a food processor.
The first thing to keep in mind is, you should know which parts can be cleaned with water. Usually, the container, lids and the blades are washable. In case your appliance has a food chute, you can clean it also.
Remember, you can not clean any electric part of the appliance. But you can wipe the spilled food with a kitchen napkin from the electric parts.
Many of you have the question of what is the most effective method to clean a food processor? The answer is hand washing. There are a lot of ways to clean a food mixer, but manual washing is by far the best method.
You should know the step by step instructions of cleaning a food processor. Using multiple food processors for a long time, we know just the best method of cleaning your appliance.
So let’s dig into the steps—
How To Clean A Food Processor
Before we discuss the steps, you should know what type of cleaning agent you should use. Most of the people uses dish soap, which works super excellent. But dish soaps are often not enough to get rid of the smell the food leaves in the container.
It’s indeed irritating to get a savory smell from your pie crust if you make the dough after chopping some onion in the same container. Then what’s the solution?
The answer is vinegar. You already know from our post of How to clean a coffee maker, vinegar is the best agent to remove any strong smell from any container. So, using vinegar in cleaning solution gives the best result to remove the odor.
But we use our homemade cleaning mixture to wash our food mixer to get the best result. Here’s the formula—
- 1 tbsp liquid dish soap
- Half a cup of vinegar
- Two cups of water
Mix these and use the mixture at the right step. If you don’t want to use vinegar, you will need to follow another procedure. Anyway, the step by step tutorial is as follows—
Cleaning a Food Mixer
- The first step is to pour some water and give your machine a go. This step will take out all the dirt from the container, even from the toughest places to reach.
- Then use our cleaning mixture and give it another go. You can use the highest speed if there is no chance of spilling the liquid. Run the mixer for around 1-2 minutes.
- After that, separate the removable parts, and wash them with soap and water. Be careful since the blade is sharp.
- Lastly, give the parts another rinse and let the parts completely dry up. Join the parts together for the next use.
Cleaning Without Vinegar
Despite being the most effective element to remove the smell from any appliance, sometimes vinegar leaves a sharp taste in the container. Besides, some people do not like the smell of vinegar. As our cleaning mixture contains vinegar, you may trace the vinegar.
Although the sharp taste and smell go away with dish soap. Still, some of you wanted to know how to remove food processor smell without vinegar.
Here’s how you can do that—
- Take a large bowl, fill it with water and add a generous amount of dish soap. Soak the containers for at least 30 minutes. Then take it out and wash it off.
- Another way you can clean your container without vinegar is by using baking soda. Replace the vinegar with 1 tbsp baking soda in our cleaning mixture. That will be enough to remove all the smell from your food processor.
If you do not want to follow any of these tricks, simply wash the container in your dishwasher. Make sure your container and lids are totally dishwasher safe. Place the elements on the top shelf of your dishwasher.
Then use the cold setting or the warm setting to clean the container. Do not use any high temp function to clean the container.
That way, your container will be damaged. If you need help to use your dishwasher, you may check out our post on how to use a dishwasher for the best result.
So that’s all for cleaning your food processor. Now you don’t have to be disheartened by dirty and stinky containers anymore. Try these tips and tricks and let us know which one you liked the most.