Electric Kettle has brought a relief to our everyday kitchen. It has eradicated the hassle of boiling water on stovetop. Also, it boils water faster than a stovetop. We actually discuss about the best electric kettle review.
You can use an electric kettle in various ways like making hot water, tea, coffee. You can also be creative by making ramen, oats, etc by owning a kettle.
For our choice of electric kettle, we recommend to buy Cusinart Perfectemp Kettle.
But at first, let’s check on the different aspects of electric kettles:
Table of Contents
How Does Electric Kettle Work
The mechanism of electric kettles is not rocket science. Pretty much everyone knows how electric kettles work. It has two separate units, one is the jug and another one is the base unit.
The base unit is where you set the jug. Some of the electric kettles have two units fixed. In that case, you have be careful while washing that.
Anyways, the base unit has an electric coil, that heats up on electric supply. So the inner content of the kettle gets hot. Some of the electric kettles (like the one we are reviewing) have some smart features.
For example, holding temperature, heating up the content to a specific temp. etc. Besides, it stops in case of overheating. That way your electric kettle gets safe from burning itself.
Most of the electric kettles have an insulative layer in its jug. So that it can keep the content hot for a long time. The material of jug also plays a role in that.
That’s all for the mechanism for electric kettles. Now let’s jump into the Cuisinart CPK-17 Perfectemp electric kettle review—
Cuisinart CPK-17 Perfectemp 1.7-liter Electric Kettle Review
Our first Electric Kettle Review with the Cuisinart Perfectemp Cordless Programmable kettle. Cuisinart is one of the most renowned brands for household and kitchen appliances, popular all over the world.
Unlike any other brands, Cuisinart has been experimenting with smart technologies in kitchen appliances too. Their new stainless steel electric kettle is also a perfect example of that.
Why Should Buy
The all-new Cuisinart CPK-17 Perfectemp 1.7-liter Stainless Steel Cordless electric kettle has been in the market for a while.
This has already become a popular kitchen appliance item on top e-commerce platforms. The classic design with a touch of smart technology has widely attracted the customers.
So let’s see what’s new in This Cuisinart electric kettle review
The Cuisinart CPK-17 Perfectemp 1.7-liter Stainless Steel Cordless electric kettle is specially made for fast heating and making delicate teas by brewing at the right temperature.
We all are obviously bored having over-brewed drinks, which ruins the experience of having a particular tea. This electric kettle has finally fulfilled our needs.
Let’s have a quick look at the product specifications:
No products found.
- 1.7-liter capacity
- Product dimensions: 8.2 x 9.8 x 12 inches
- Weight: 1.58 pounds
- 6 preset temperatures
- One-touch controls with blue LED indicators
- 30-minute Keep Warm option
- The memory feature allows the kettle to be lifted off base for 2 minutes without shutting off or losing its place in the brewing process.
- 360° swivel cordless connector
- Stainless steel body
- Stay-cool nonslip handle
- Concealed heating element to prevent mineral buildup
- Removable/cleanable scale filter
- Auto shutoff and boil dry protection
- 1 nonstandard battery required
- Limited 3-year warranty
- 1500 watts for fast heat-up
- Blue backlit water window
Electric Kettle Features
The kettle is specially equipped with 1500 watts of power system for fast heating so that it can quickly bring water to a rolling boil within minutes. So it comes handy for hot water anytime.
It also offers six different heat settings, which allows boiling tea at just the right temperature, depending on the variety.
Besides, it has the simple one-touch control on the kettle’s handle, which helps us to select perfect temperatures for different types ranging from 160 F to 212 F.
It also has a “Boil” option, which also allows us to make instant cocoa, oatmeal, noodles, etc.
A shorter the power-supply cord is also provided to reduce the risks resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord. A longer cable can be used, too, if necessary.
The control panel has blue LED indicators, a “Start” button, and a “Keep warm” button.
The other features of the kettle are:
- Dripless Pour Spout with Splash Guard the pour spout is designed with a splash guard to prevent dripping and keeping counters dry
- Concealed heating element to prevent mineral buildup and decalcification
- Removable Scale Filter for clean water. It is washable also
- Easy-Open Lid for quick and easy filling
- Lid Release Button
- Start (Stop) with Indicator to start/stop the heating process
- Keep Warm with Indicator maintains the selected temperature for 30 minutes
- Keep Warm with Indicator maintains the selected temperature for 30 minutes
- Preset Temperature Controls with Indicators
- Delicate (160°F)
- Green (175°F)
- White (185°F)
- Oolong (190°F)
- Herbal (200°F)
- Black (Boil – 212°F)
- French Press (200°F)
- Water Window for a clear view of water level
- Stay-Cool Handle designed for not heating up so that it becomes comfortable
- Power Base with 360° Swivel for cordless convenience, so that the cord doesn’t get in the way of pouring water
Electric Kettle Uses
Apparently, this specific kitchen appliance has only one use. That is boiling water. But what you don’t know is its creative uses. You can use your kettle for quite a lot of chores that you didn’t think before.
Have you ever boiled an egg in your kettle? If you did, then you are a smart home cook.
Other than boiling eggs, you can also make instant ramen in your kettle. Keep your ramen in a bowl, boil the water, pour it over the ramen and cover it with a plate! Instant ramen ready in your bowl in just two minutes.
You can even make soup in the kettle! Sounds unbelievable?
Hold your curiosity, here’s the recipe— heat up the water, put that in a bowl, pour a pack of instant soup powder, stir it, wait one minute, and you’re done! Homemade soup for the perfect chilly weather.
Everyone is curious about one thing, can electric kettle boil milk. Well, it can, but we don’t think you should boil milk in electric kettles. Because it will leave a milky odor in your kettle.
Cleaning the kettle is another hassle, so it’s better to skip this task. Although you can do this in your kettle, that way you can make some hot chocolates for yourself.
There are literally so many uses of electric kettles, you have to be smart to use them. You can follow our other posts to know about more smart uses of your kettle.
What We Like
The kettle also offers programmable functions such as memory feature, keep warm mode, boil-dry protection, and sleep mode.
The kettle also has an internal memory that lets us leave the pot off the base without going to standby mode for up to 2 minutes. If returned to the bottom within optimum time, it will restart the heating cycle right where they left off.
Keep Warm Mode
It’s also the default function that automatically maintains the selected temperature for 30 minutes. However, keep warm service can be turned off by pressing the “Keep warm” button at any time of the heating cycle.
It also has a boil-dry protection feature. If it starts heating without enough water, the heater will automatically turn off to prevent damaging the heating element.
The unit will beep to alert, and the lights will flash. Once the kettle is cooled down, we can start the process from the start.
The unit has a sleep mode also. It will go to sleep mode if not active for 5 minutes. The heater and also all lights will be off.
Electric Kettle Advantages
- Less noisy than other electric kettles, it raises the temperature quickly, which kind of reduces the noise.
- As it is a stainless steel kettle, so there is no rust issue
- The cord is about 1 yard long and also can be coiled within the base, which allows us better positioning. Besides, there is no chance of wire becoming entangled as the cord can recoil.
- The filter is washable, so no chance of dirty water.
What We Don’t Like
While experimenting with this electric kettle, we found out some drawbacks of it. Although these flaws are quite negligible compared to the positive aspects of this product.
But still, following are some negative sides of this product that may bother you:
- The prints on the buttons of this electric kettle are prone to be wiped off after some days of using. It does not impair the function, but that makes it difficult to select the functions to use it.
- The body of the kettle contains some plastic material in some parts, which was a little bit unsatisfactory considering it is a high-end product. But we did not get any plastic smell from the product.
Cuisinart also offers a whopping 3 years of limited warranty for their electric kettle. If there is a problem with the product, you can also ship it to the customer service enclosing the return shipping charge.
The warranty policy also excludes any defects or damages caused by accessories, replacement parts, or repair services other than those that have been authorized by Cuisinart.
Besides, some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of these damages. Overall, the warranty procedure seems quite complicated for us.
Frequently Asked Questions
It can’t. You need to buy an espresso machine for that.
About 30 minutes
It has a concealed heating element which prevents mineral buildup
Despite some flaws, this electric kettle review is outstanding. In this price range, this is an excellent electric kettle.
We highly recommend this product and also thanks to Cuisinart for making tea brewing so easy.