A clean & tidy kitchen really sets the mood for cooking unless you don’t care about hygiene & neatness. Nobody wants to cook in a dirty kitchen & a greasy kitchen is the absolute last place that you will want to have in your house. Grease is undoubtedly the worst enemy for any kitchen, so you should be always ready to fight this sticky thing off your kitchen. For that, you’ll definitely need the best degreaser for kitchen cabinets before painting.
There are plentiful degreaser brands you can find in the stores but not all brands are appropriate for your kitchen. Well, our post will help you choose the ones to keep your kitchen neat & tidy all year.
For your convenience, we have enlisted the top 5 kitchen degreasers that you can totally utilize in your kitchen
Table of Contents
Top 3 Best Degreaser For Kitchen Cabinets Before Painting
Degreasers are one mind blowing tool that cleans off any sticky grease right away. All you need to do is to spray some degreaser to the surface, wait some time and wipe off with a damp rag. It’s as simple as that.
Not all degreasers may not be as easy as we described, but some of them really are. That is why you should choose the right type of degreaser for your kitchen.
Here are the Top 3 Kitchen Degreaser that you should consider buying for your kitchen:
Krud Kutter 305373 Kitchen Degreaser All-Purpose Cleaner
The first one in this list is the Krud Kutter All Purpose Cleaner, which is excellent for using in the kitchen. You can use this degreaser on almost all materials except wood, the usage procedure is sorta easy too. Easy application with the spray makes the whole process a breeze.
Not only kitchen cabinets, the Krud Kutter All in One Kitchen Degreaser is also suitable for various kitchen elements. Such as grills, countertops, stovetops, floors, etc. Also, you can even use this product for other stuff like carpets, fabrics, showers, etc.
This degreaser is free from any toxic elements or fragrance. So it’s totally safe to use in your kitchen, even for the food preparation surfaces. Overall, this kitchen degreaser is everything you need to tidy up your kitchen and keep it healthy all the time.
- Removes grimy and sticky grease on various surfaces including the range hood & the stovetops. Also, it’s compatible for using on kitchen cabinets, countertops, walls, and glass surfaces.
- Non-toxic & fragrance free formula which is suitable for even the food preparation surfaces.
- Simple spray function makes the cleaning process easy as a breeze.
- Super easy application, just spray & wipe.
- Strong enough for the grimiest and stickiest surface.
- Safe for human, babies & pets, doesn’t cause any irritation or discomfort if comes in contact.
- Needs double applications sometimes to remove the stain
- Need to apply a lot of products to clean off thicker layers of grime.
This product is truly one of the best all-purpose degreaser for any kitchen. So you can definitely consider it as a helping hand to fight against the stubborn grime.
Hope’s Perfect Kitchen Cleaner
If you don’t have much idea about which type of product to use on which surfaces, this multipurpose product will be a lifesaver for you. The Hope’s Perfect Kitchen Cleaner is the one that you can use literally on all surfaces without even thinking.
Its no residue formula effectively cuts through the grease without leaving any trace on the surface. Besides its no residue formula, this “Perfect” Kitchen Cleaner does proper justice to its name by having the right formula & eye catching result.
This kitchen degreaser is totally safe yet has the strongest formula which can eradicate stubborn grimes and sticky dirt which was bothering you for a long time.
The super fast action and the easy application process will take only 15 minutes to clean up the whole kitchen. You won’t need that much preparation or precaution, so you can work with this degreaser without any tension.
Overall, the “Perfect” formula & “Perfect” action make this “Perfect” kitchen cleaner a champion degreaser.
- Fast acting, no residue formula, suitable for using on all types of surfaces in the kitchen.
- Strong action to cut right through the thickest layer of grime and sticky greasy layer.
- Safe for dough kneading surfaces, doesn’t remain on the surface so doesn’t contaminate the food.
- Keeps the surface grease free for a long time, no new layer of grime will be formed.
- Reasonable price range
- Doesn’t leave any streak mark after cleaning
- Safe for children & pets
- Works on all surfaces
- The sprayer is hard to squirt
- Sprayer handle seems kinda fragile
The problem with the sprayer can be a little annoying, but you can easily solve that using an empty sprayer. Other than that, this product is excellent as a kitchen cabinet cleaner.
Spray Nine 26832 Heavy Duty Cleaner/ Degreaser and Disinfectant
The Spray Nine Heavy Duty Cleaner is a perfect product for not only your kitchen but also your house. Its industrial level formulation and performance will make you fall in love with this product.
After giving this product a few go on our aluminum & glass kitchen cabinets, we must say we’re pretty happy with the result. Despite having a budget-friendly price range, this product surely works like an expensive cleaner.
You can easily use this product on your countertop, cabinets, sinks, cooktops, and even to clean up cars, toilets & your tools. The industrial level strength of this product also disinfects the surfaces pretty efficiently. This product may feel a little harsh since it’s stronger than other degreasers.
We felt the same and that’s why we thinned out the product with some water, which was still strong enough to cut through the thickest layer of grime that was stuck to your kitchen for years.
Overall, we think this product is yet another rightful contender to be the best degreaser for kitchen cabinets.
- Professional grade strength & high performance to clean off any grease and grime on any surface.
- Has disinfectant properties, kills off all the bacteria and viruses within just 45 seconds.
- Multipurpose product, cleans off stains, molds & mildews along with grease and grime.
- Suitable for plastic, stainless steel, concrete surfaces.
- All purpose cleaner, won’t have to buy different cleaners for different surfaces
- Efficiently removes any clinging dirt from the surface
- Works on most of the materials
- No bleach formula makes it completely safe to use
- Too much strong, needs to be thinned out with water
- Doesn’t work on ceramic, tiles or wood
The Spray Nine 26832 Heavy Duty Cleaner/Degreaser and Disinfectant is our go to product for cleaning our house and we think you should also consider buying this one.
The price range is way cheaper than other heavy duty cleaners, so you shouldn’t miss out on this product at all.
Best Way To Clean Off Your Greasy Cabinets
It’s just all about avoiding the mess in the first place (hello, splatter screens!) when it comes to keeping your wooden cabinets nice and tidy. If it’s too late for you, we have some great ideas on how to clean greasy cabinets.
If you’re annoyed with grimes like us, don’t sweat it, we’ve rounded up some of our favorite tried and tested techniques for cleaning your greasy kitchen—
Water and Soap
There is only one thing that most greasy areas would need: hot, soapy water. (Dish soap was made to cut through grease after all!) First with a sponge that is moist with warm water, soften the grease on the cabinets, then clean with a soap and water soaked sponge, toothbrush, or small scrub brush.
Finish by drying with a dish towel to prevent residual residue (which may attract more grime). This tips works excellent on painted wooden cabinets too.
So if you’re confused about how to clean off your painted cabinet, you’ve now got the solution!
Grab some baking soda and a scrub brush for older or more obstinate stains. Apply a little baking soda after wetting your brush with warm water, then wipe down on the cabinets.
To remove the residue, follow up with a damp, warm cloth. Not only is the baking soda going to break through the grease, but it’s also non-abrasive, so your wooden cabinets won’t be harmed.
Heavy grime or grease stains often react well to vinegar, another trusted kitchen cleaner. Because white vinegar contains natural acids, the grease can break down without leaving behind any residue. This is how it can be used—
Take a towel or paper towel first and soak it in undiluted vinegar. Wipe the greasy portion of the cabinet down and let the vinegar do its job for 10 to 15 minutes.
Loosen the grease by taking a wet sponge to the surface when your timer goes off then take a water-soaked washcloth and clean the buildup off.
Homemade Castile Soap Spray
Fill a 32-ounce spray bottle with a cup of white vinegar, a few drops of liquid soap from Dr. Bronner, a tablespoon of baking soda, and a few drops of lavender or lemon essential oil, whether you’re into the scent.
Then fill the rest of the bottle, up to the neck, with warm water. Shake the bottle and then while you work, spray and rinse. These are some of our favorite ideas to clean the dirts off the kitchen cabinets, not to mention the other elements.
We’re also open to the commercial kitchen degreaser, in fact we use them regularly to avoid much hassle.
How To Make A Natural Kitchen Degreaser
Even though commercial kitchen degreasers are safe (at least some of them are!), we know many of you are still kinda skeptical about them and think they are so strong that they’ll damage the kitchen cabinets.
Well, these are partly true, we have also experienced these incidents by using some inappropriate product. Hence the best practice to clean off the grimes & greases is definitely a natural kitchen degreaser.
Natural kitchen degreasers cannot provide a dramatic result, but we think the outcome was pretty satisfactory. Made with only a few ingredients, this homemade degreaser will cost only a fraction of commercial kitchen degreasers.
Interesting, right? As you have reached this point of this post, we will let you in for a secret formula for a kitchen degreaser. So here it goes—
- Spray bottle
- White vinegar
- Liquid dish soap
- Baking soda
- Essential oil (Lemon)
- Get the bottle ready: Use warm water to clean out the spray bottle.
- Make your mixture: Transfer the vinegar to the spray bottle, a drop or two of the liquid soap and baking soda. Use warm water to fill the spray bottle at the bottom of the collar.
- Add essential oil: Add a small amount of essential oil if preferred. A cup of vinegar is a lot and can stink! Essential oils help cover up the vinegar’s odor. Citrus oils make it smell fresh and clean all over your house, but you can choose whichever suits to your mind.
- Shake: Vigorously shake the plastic container.
- Clean up: Spray the solution on the area and wipe with a clean rag. Run a clean dishcloth under warm water, wring out and scrub over the washed surfaces.
So there you go, our top 3 best degreaser for kitchen cabinets before painting. I hope this article will help you with cleaning even the gunkiest grease spot off your kitchen. Follow the process and enjoy your hygienic kitchen. Happy cooking!